Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tinkerwho?


Okay, I admit, my daughter is slightly obsessed with Tinkerbell. Almost every morning she asks to wear a "sweeshie shirt", of which she only has two - one is long sleeved (and thus, too hot when it's 90+ outside) and the other seems to always be in the wash. So I thought she needed another Tinkerbell something so I don't have to say no 6 days out of the week. Wal-mart happened to have the Tinkerbell fabric I used on the Patsy Ann Apron top a few months back and even a couple of coordinates for about half the price I paid at the quilt shop back then (of course, isn't that how it always works), so I grabbed about a yard of each and settled on McCall's 6066 as the pattern. The pattern is technically too big for her, since she's so skinny, but the length actually worked out well and it has an elastic waistband anyway so it was fine. I love the tulle underskirt (although I think I'm going to trim an inch or so off - it just looks off). I think, too, that I'm going to end up making a flower pin out of the tulle scraps to pin on the loop. It's got great twirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment