Friday, December 11, 2009

Three projects finished and no pictures!

Yeah, I know, I can't believe I didn't take pictures, either. I didn't even think of it until I had already wrapped them all. The good news is: the kids are getting similar (or even identical) items for Christmas so I can take pictures when I get those done (but shh... it's a secret, thankfully the kids can't quite read yet).

Project number 1 (no actual sewing involved, but really fun): silk/wool scarves for my friends, dyed with Kool-Aid. Who knew Kool-Aid could actually be useful? It's a great dye for animal fibers and it makes really vibrant colors. (I found a tutorial here: Sara's Toy Box) I used Grape (a pretty dusty purple), Black Cherry (a rich deep red), and Berry Blue (a brilliant, fun turquoise). I've got a grape and a berry blue in 100% silk already dyed for the kids for Christmas and I'm still going to do a Lemon-Lime (hoping for lime green) and a pink lemonade and then I've got two more that I haven't decided on a color for yet.

Project number 2: I Spy Bags for my friends kids. They're basically bean bags with little clear vinyl windows. Before you close them up, you fill them with polybeads or rice or something (I used rice) and fun little trinkets. Then the kids can squish them bags around to see what they can find inside. The kids seemed to really like them, but I'm not sure I'm doing this one again - finding all the little trinkets was hard and now I have approximately 200 extra plastic policemen, firemen, cowboys and Native Americans, along with a can of foam dinosaur stickers and assorted other little things that I got (for $1 or so at least) just so I could have 4 or 5 of what was in the package.

Project number 3: Sweet little felt mugs of hot cocoa for the babies. I got the pattern from Sweetie Pie Bakery and it's just absolutely adorable (as are the rest of her felt food patterns, I have a feeling I'll be getting a few more - I love the campfire set). Mokey and Princess both really liked them, so I think I'll make them a set (along with the plate and cookies that were included in the pattern) for Christmas, provided I get the rest of my projects done.

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding?! No pictures? I spy - would love to see that project. The baby would love this.

    ReplyDelete