Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Dress


I finished Princess' Easter dress just in the nick of time (and almost didn't, actually - I discovered that I had no 1/2" elastic at 8 p.m. the night before. Luckily, the Wal-mart that's 2 miles from our house is one of the few that still has a fabric department, so I made a run (just for the record, I don't recommend going to Wal-mart at 8 p.m. on the night before Easter, just sayin'). It's the wonderful Pink Fig Lily top pattern again, this time in Legacy Studio Fresh Fusion fabric from JoAnn's (I love the little birds on the light turquoise fabric and the hummingbirds on the ivory, it's just gorgeous) with turquoise Kona cotton solids. Um, I think I hemmed the pants a touch short, but I left plenty in the hem so I can let them out a touch.

A note on Mokey's outfit: I had to really talk him in to wearing that purple shirt (which is really a vivid lavender, but it's not showing up like that on my screen). He thought it was a girl color at first (and he was afraid it would be too small - I think he thought I wanted him to wear one of Princess' shirts). The clincher? The tie - he was so excited about wearing that black tie, I think he would have worn a dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment